Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The second batch: Poems from Todo Tamayo!

Another fun event! We loved hanging out with high school students and their teachers at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art on Monday. If you ever get a chance to participate, grab it! So many cool activities to participate in. We got fabulous lines and poems. We will post 2-3 per day, so come back often!

Light Shines Through

Pineapples, strawberries and watermelons make me hungry
Hark, hark, the lark
Its like an explosion around the corner
Light shines though darkness grows
Hug the unhugged
Give, grow, grant grace.


Leave them Speechless

Mouthfuls of shadows curtain your mind
Silver moon hits the sapphire water
When clocks seem to draw themselves
Leave them speechless with your passion
Then it explodes
And so the flower blooms


Your Light

Finding love in deep shades of red
Those empty souls wait for the light of the hearts
She didn't know how to ask
What you see is not the only way to feel
Be present
Only shadows surround me
until your light comes my way.


Free Worship


Do I love God?
In a sad spring garden I worship eternity
People are staring
Please let me be where I am free
Ocean, mountains, walks--happiness!
And it was bliss...



Not a Tragedy At All


A town of bricks and white walls and blue sky.
Music becomes visible on the walls.
Lovely dirt footprints outlined on the road
And to the left was such a tragedy
as never prior seen
Enveloped by the infinite constellations,
I sat.
Our love will last until the stars fade



Pessimism

Happy is the smile that knows nothing
Smile now, cry later
Salt water cleanses and heals
Eight huge worlds in a tiny room
grotesque paintings of love
Darkness is inevitable.



I am That

Rich colors--vibrant like Mexico
I am the nina bonita
You are that, I am that, and all of this is that!
Bright, smiling smiles
Passing by unreal faces of lost teenagers
I create my florescent future


Becoming Art

Juicy watermelon drips through my finger tips
The earth shakes it off like a wet dog
Penguins huddle for warmth, against the darkness of winter
Time lines become art and vice versa
My crazy life


Those are all the poems for now. We've still got strips waiting in the bowl to come out and play at our next event on April 28th!

No comments: